When you look at a person’s profile, Giving/Giving Capacity are key scores that you’ll use to decide whether they are worth your time and resources. However, depending on your geographic area or constituency, some of the assets upon which the score is based might end up skewing the results.
For example, if real estate is unusually expensive or income notably lower in your area, that could make some individuals look more/less promising than they actually are. No need to panic - you have the ability to modify the formula and make it more targeted!
Checklist of steps to follow:
- Step 1: Go to Preferences
- Step 2: Click on the Giving Capacity Formula tab
- Step 3: Customize the formula
- Step 4: Test your modified formula
- Step 5: Review the test results
- Step 6: Adjust your formula
- Step 7: Apply the changes
- Step 8: Final Review
- Step 9: Save your changes
Step 1: Go to Preferences.
Substep 1: Go to the upper right-hand corner of the screen and click on the person icon by your name.
Substep 2: Select the Preferences option in the drop-down menu.
Step 2: Click on the Giving Capacity Formula tab.
This will be located on the left of the screen.
Step 3: Customize the formula.
The Estimated Giving Capacity is based on five key components: Income; Real Estate; Stock; Pension; and Giving. Is there anything that really sets your geographic area and/or constituency apart from the national average? Might that skew the score?
If yes, you can modify the values to compensate.
- Note: These values will initially be set to our default formula.
Step 4: Test your modified formula.
After modifying the values, now you can test your modified Estimated Giving Capacity Formula.
Substep 1: Click NEXT: TEST FORMULA.
Substep 2: Select up to 10 profiles from your My Profiles section to test. Start by entering First Name, then Last Name and then click the “+” button.
- Note: If you don’t have saved profiles, we provide 10 records for you to test.
Substep 3: Click NEXT: VIEW RESULTS.
Step 5: Review the test results.
The test results show both the default Gift Capacity Range and your Custom Estimated Giving Capacity so that you can evaluate whether the modifications you made have actually gotten you a more accurate result.
- Note: Make sure you are reading the results properly. For more information see the Ratings and Scores Guide.
Step 6: Adjust your formula.
After reviewing the test results, click MODIFY to adjust your formula. Then repeat steps 4 and 5.
Step 7: Apply the changes.
Once you’re satisfied with your formula, select NEXT: REVIEW & COMMIT to apply the changes.
Step 8: Final Review.
Review your modified formula just to be safe - then click NEXT: REVIEW & COMMIT one final time.
Step 9: Save your changes.
Substep 1: Enter your password.
Substep 2: Click Submit.
- Note: the profiles within your My Profiles section will be adjusted, but it may not be immediate; times will vary depending on the size of your saved results.
Back to Normal:
This completely removes the customized formula and restores the profiles to the way they looked before. Your historical records and any future searches and screenings will reflect this.
- Note: you must log out for this to take effect.
This restores the values in the blue boxes to their default setting.