An Express screening is processed, from start to finish, by the computer. That means your file must fit an exact template in order for the system to read it. Most people use one of our pre-built templates, but if that’s not working for you, you can actually build your own! To do this, you will customize which fields are included in your template, as well as their order, until they match your file layout. That then tells the computer exactly how to read your screening!
- Note: For more information, see our Express Screening Guide.
Checklist of steps to follow:
- Step 1: Log in
- Step 2: Go to the Screen tab
- Step 3 Go to Manage Custom Templates
- Step 4: Select New Template
- Step 5: Fill out the fields
- Step 6: Choose which fields your template will contain
- Step 7: Label fields
- Step 8: Click on Save
- Step 9: Express upload Page.
Step 1: Log into your WealthEngine account.
Step 2: Go to the Screen tab.
You will find the Screen tab at the top of your screen.
Step 3: Go to Manage Custom Import Templates.
Step 4: Click New Template.
Step 5: Fill out the fields.
- Note: Rows to Skip refers to the number of column header rows in your file; they’ll need to be skipped in processing.
Substep 1: Identify all the fields in your screening file – then match them to the options in the left pane.
- Note: The minimum required fields for every record are the first name; last name; street address; city; state; and zip. Include User Supplied ID if you plan to get the results back into your CRM/DMS.
Substep 2: Move those fields into the right-hand pane so they’ll be included in your template. Every column in your file must be there, even if one is empty.
- Note: If you are using your own supplied "Attributes" keep in mind that you are limited to 15.
Substep 3: Make sure they are in the same exact order as your file.
Substep 4: Once the template matches your file perfectly, click Next.
Step 7: Edit any fields that might be unclear.
Substep 1: Next to selected columns Click on Edit Field Names to make the changes.
Step 8: Create the template.
Click on Save to create the template.
Substep 1: If you want to Delete the file you have the Delete option in the right.
Substep 2: To Edit the file again just Click on the Name it will directly take you to the edit page.
Step 9: Express upload page.
Return to the Screening Tab and Click on New Screen.